|Standard Groups/Organizations||Related Links/Resources|
- IETF working group
- ANSI – T11 Committee‘s work includes 3 family of standards
- ANSI – T10 Committee : information about I/O Interfaces, especially SCSI
- Storage Network Industry Association(SNIA)
- Fibre Channel Industry Association(FCIA) – Overview
- Fibre Channel Industry Association Europe(FCAE)
- Julian Satran’s IPS archive
- Brocade’s white papers
- SNIA’s White Papers
- SNIA’s Presentations
- Data Management & Storage Technology, Network Computing’s Technology Guide
- SAN tutorial and News, Network World Research
- Storage news, The latest storage news from Network World.
- SANS/NAS Features Archives, Enterprise Storage Forum.
- SUN Storage Whitepaper
- Tech Guide: How Secure is Your SAN?, Jeff Moad, Informationweek, August 4, 2003.
- Security Consideration for IP SANs, TidalWire, July 2003. (local copy)
- Minding the Storage, Vijay Ahuja, Information Security Magazine, July 2003.
- Storage Virtualization, Elizabeth Clark, Network Magazine, June 04, 2003.
- Guarding the keep: Storage security, Jon Tullett, SCmagazine, May 2003.
- Storage White Paper, Network World, March 24, 2003. (local copy)
– Security toss-up, Robert Scheier, Network World, March 24, 2003.
- Network-Attached Storage, Sun Microsystems, March 1, 2003.
- Storage Networking: Perspectives on Terminology and Meaning, Howard A. Goldstein, Howard Goldstein Associates, February 21, 2003. (local copy)
- Open SAN Architecture Management, John Vacca, EnterpriseStorageforum, February 20, 2003.
- Towards Securing Information End-to-end: Networked Storage Security Update and Best Practices, Hitachi Data Systems Corp., February 1, 2003. (local copy)
- Emerging Technology: Storage Security – Under Lock and Key, Elizabeth Clark, Network Magazine, January 06, 2003.
- Enterprise Continuity: A High Availability Application Solution, Sun Microsystems, November 2002. (local copy)
- SANs Shift Into the Mainstream, Elizabeth Clark, NetworkMagazine, November 05, 2002.
- Emerging Technology: Keeping Storage Costs Under Control, Elizabeth Clark, NetworkMagazine, October 05, 2002.
- Bringing Affordable SANs to Small and Midsize Businesses, Adaptec, Inc., October 1, 2002. (local copy)
- A storage architecture for your enterprise, Networkmagazineindia, September 2002.
- The Road to Practical SAN Security, Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., September 2002. (local copy)
- Fibre Channel SAN Security, Elizabeth Clark, Network Magazine, September 05, 2002.
- SAN Buyers Guide: Part II, John Vacca, Enterprisestorageforum, August 29, 2002.
- SAN Buyers Guide: Part I, John Vacca, Enterprisestorageforum, August 27, 2002.
- Implementing a SAN, Rob Strechay, Business Communication Review, August 2002. (local copy)
- Storage Basics, Alex Goldman, ISP-Planet, July 11, 2002.
- Network Attached Storage Treads New Turf, Elizabeth Clark, Network Magazine, July 07, 2002.
- The ease of storage management, Auerbach Analysis, May 30, 2002.
- Storage Buzz, NetworkWorld, May 27, 2002.
– The NAS/SAN convergence, Deni Connor
– Disaster-proofing storage systems, Paul Desmond
– Refining storage backups, Beth Schultz
– The latest on iSCSI, Anne Skamarock
– IPSec for IP storage, Kimberly B. Caisse
- Build Your Own SAN : Implementation Details and Practical Advice, Henry Baltazar and Andrew Garcia, Extremetech, May 15, 2002.
- Infoworld’s Test Center Research Report : Networked Storage
(Part 1: Strategies) May 2002.
– Networked storage, Mario Apicella, May 2, 2002.
– The show must go on, Tom Yager, May 2, 2002.
– State of storage, Infoworld, May 2, 2002.
(Part 2: Solutions) May 2002.
– Storage on the edge, Tom Yager, May 10, 2002.
– Their piece of the pie, Mandy Andress, May 10, 2002.
– Is the end of the OS in sight?, Tom Yager and P.J. Connolly, May 10, 2002.
– SAN security goes IP, Mandy Andress, May 10, 2002.
– One UI to rule them, Mario Apicella, May 10, 2002.
- Enterprise storage: A strategy to consider, Soutiman Das Gupta, Networkmagazineindia, April 2002.
– Network Storage-Your network’s graduation path,
– Standards and interfaces-A turf war,
– Virtual storage strategies,
– Shopping for storage solutions,
– Storage: No longer “just capacity”
- Advancing Security in Storage Area Networks, Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., 2001. (local copy)
- The Next Phase of SAN Deployment : Storage Switch Technology, CMPnet, Whitepaper, 2002. (local copy)
- Fibre Channel Security White Paper, QLogic Corporation, November 2001. (local copy)
- Storage industry split over connections, Stephen Shankland, Cnet, November 27, 2001.
- Storage virtualization, Dan Neel and Mark Jones, InfoWorld, October 12, 2001.
- Reap the benefits of storage networks, Mario Apicella, InfoWorld, October 12, 2001. (local copy)
- Small offices turn to NAS, Mike Avery, NetworkWorld, October 08, 2001.
- Building a Better Fibre Channel Switch, Vixel Corporation, October 2001. (local copy)
- The Role of Security in Storage Networks, Rahul Patel, CiscoWorldMagazine, August 2001.
- Do You Need A Storage Management Policy?, NTP Software white paper, August 2001 (local copy)
- High Availability Clusters and Storage Area Networks, Gadzoox Networks, July 31, 2001. (local copy)
- Architecture and Standards for IP Storage Networking, CNT, June 1, 2001. (local copy)
- IP Storage Boasts Many Benefits For IT Managers, Martin J. Garvey, Information Week, May 21, 2001.
- Internet storage boosts Web sites, Josh Coates, Network World, May 21, 2001.
- The Essential Elements of a Storage Networking Architecture, Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. May 1, 2001. (local copy)
- Design Considerations for Audio and Video SANs, Vixel Corporation, April 2001. (local copy)
- Storage Networking: The Next Big Thing?, Clint Boulton, Intranet Desing Magazine, April 10, 2001.
- SAN meets WAN – Optical repeaters DWDM and storage over IP are extending SANs over the wide area, Charles Clark, Network World, March 19, 2001.
- Business Case: Content Provider Spins Gold From A Storage Area Network, Andrew Conry-Murray, Network Magazine, March 5, 2001.
- State-of-the-Art Storage, – The storage arena is growing at a rapid speed, and with it an array of exceptional storage solutions, Charles T. Clark, Network Magazine, Jan 5, 2001.
- Storage Architecture Guides II, Auspex Technology Report, 2001. (local copy)
- Storage Architecture Guides I, Auspex Technology Report, 2000. (local copy)
- The Survivor’s Guide to 2001: Data Management & Storage Technology, Mike Lee and Steve Rigney, Network Computing, December 11, 2000.
- Product Focus: Satisfying The Thirst For Storage, Charles T. Clark, Network Magazine, Nov. 5, 2000.
- Outsourcing your SAN – Storage service providers are offering storage-area networks as an outsourced service, Charles Clark, Network World, October 23, 2000.
- Building a Storage Area Network, Dave Fetters, Network Computing, May 15, 2000.
- Server Load Balancing vs. Storage Area Networks – Which best meets your needs?load balancing or SANs?, Tom Nolle, Network Magazine, October 1, 1999.
- Moving your data center? Here’s a site selection checklist, TechRepublic, October 22, 2001.
- HOST-BASED SECURITY : VAULTED SEALING, MIKE BOBBITT, InformationSecurity, October 04, 2001. ( local copy-comparison chart)[Product Survey]
- First-Class NAS, Steven Schuchart Jr., NetworkComputing, August 21, 2003. (local copy)
- Technology Insider: Storage security appliances
– Data defenders, Michael Karp, Network World, June 16, 2003.
– Making sure data at rest stays at rest, Nancy Gohring, Network World, June 16, 2003.
- Don’t Sink Your IP SAN, Steven Schuchart Jr., NetworkComputing, May 15, 2003. (local copy)
- Cisco’s first storage switch raises the bar, Michael Hommer, Network World, January 13, 2003.
- High on Fibre, Steven Schuchart Jr., NetworkComputing, December 1, 2002. (local copy)
- Nice, Neat Storage: The Reality, Jon William Toigo, Networkcomputing, May 27, 2002. (local copy)
- RFI: Storage Virtualization Solutions Rejected, Steven J. Schuchart Jr., Networkcomputing, May 27, 2002. (local copy)
- Brocade’s switch earns big numbers, Kenneth Percy, Network World, May 06, 2002.
- Restoring SANity, Steven J. Schuchart Jr., Networkcomputing, January 7, 2002 (local copy)
- Review: SANavigator Finds Favor, Steven J. Schuchart Jr., Networkcomputing, January 7, 2002 (local copy)
- Could NAS = Novell As Storage?, Jim Freund, Earthweb, December 21, 2001.
- Survey says SANs – Network World/EMA survey shows movement toward SAN implementation, Nicole Gaspar, Network World, October 9, 2000.
- Buyer’s Guide: SAN switches, Network World, Aug. 21, 2000.
- RFP: Storage Area Networks, Dave Fetters, Network Computing, May 1, 2000.[Issues/Problems]
- Datacenter SAN Scalability, Sanera Systems, Inc., May 20, 2003. (local copy)
- iSCSI Terminology: TCP/IP, QLogic Corporation, March 2003. (local copy)
- NAS vs. SAN for Database Applications: Using NAS Protocols with Databases, Network Appliance, February 2003. (local copy)
- iSCSI for Network Storage, Adaptec, 2003.
- Inside iSCSI: Low-Cost Storage Networking, Leon Erlanger, Extremetech, October 10, 2002.
- Managing Storage Area Networking, Concord Communications, Inc., June 19, 2002. (local copy)
- NAS-SAN Convergence Today: New Trends in Enterprise Storage, Auspex.com, Whitepaper, 2002. (local copy)
- Optimizing SAN Performance, Robert Wright, SANavigator, March 2002. (local copy)
- Storage: The Next Big Thing, eWeek, November 26, 2001.
- iSCSI Technical White Paper, Nishan Systems, August 2001. (local copy)
- Why Choose Native Fibre Channel Backup? Optimal Protection for the SAN, Exabyte Corporation, July 1, 2001. (local copy)
- Ethernet SANs: Panacea or Fantasy?, LSI Logic Corporation, May 1, 2001. (local copy)
- Self-service SAN – Storage-area network vendors make progress toward solving interoperability woes, but analysts caution do-it-yourselfers to consider the turnkey approach, Charles Clark, Network World, June 12, 2000.
- SAN: A solution in search of a problem? , Ed Mier, ITworld.com, May 31, 2000
- Managing a Fibre Channel SAN, SNIA white paper, Nov. 20, 1998. (local copy)[Comparison : SAN/NAS/SCSI]
- Vendor Voice: IP-SAN, Pramod S., Networkmagazineindia, December 2002.
- Emerging Technology: Storage Networking — Fibre Channel, IP, and Beyond, Elizabeth Clark, Network Magazine, June 05, 2002.
- Take a look at your enterprise storage options, TechRepublic, November 20, 2001.
- iSCSI: A New Era in Storage, Steven J. Schuchart Jr., NetworkComputing, November 12, 2001. (local copy)
- NAS Servers, NetworkComputing, September 24, 2001. (local copy)
- Making the NAS vs. SAN decision, Gartner, TechRepublic, June 04, 2001.
- IP storage taking center stage, Deni Connor, Network World, May 28, 2001.
- Sizing up storage alternatives, Edwin Mier and Kenneth Percy, Network World Global Test Alliance, Network World, March 19, 2001.
- The blurred line between SANs and NAS – Are these competing or complementary technologies?, Ron Levine, Unix Insider, Feb. 9, 2001.
- Storage over IP Fibre Channel versus SCSI/IP, Computer Network Technology (CNT), September 2000. (local copy)
- Comparing Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage
– Complementary technologies provide unique advantages over traditional storage architectures, Brocade white paper (local copy)[Selected white papers from FCAE]
- The Next Step for SANs, Erik Ottem From Gadzoox, Nov. 30, 2000.
- NAS & SAN are Complementary, Bob Williamsen, Vice President, Marketing, Connex, Inc., July 7, 2000.
- Danger: Information Overload – What You Don’t Know May Hurt You!, Mary Lindstrom, Director, Marketing, Connex, Inc., July 7, 2000.
- The Next Generation of SANs: Storage Domain Management, ConvergeNet, July 4, 2000.
- The Web and Storage Area Networks, Mark Sausville, Brocade white paper, 1999. (local copy)
- A Tale of Two Technologies for Storage Area Networks (Fibre Channel or Gigabit Ethernet), Kumar Malavalli, Vice President, Technology, Brocade Communications Systems Inc.
- Storage Area Networking with Fibre Channel
- Solving Storage Management Challenges with Storage Area Networks (SANs), Greg Schulz, Dec. 10, 1998.[Storage Standards]
- Storage Certifications – Part I, Enterprise Storage Forum Staff, Enterprisestorage Forum, July 18, 2002.
- An Open Standards Approach to Network-Centric Storage, Network Appliance, July 10, 2001. (local copy)
- Storage Standoff – proposals for transporting storage data across IP networks : SCSI over TCP, Fibre Channel over IP, Fibre Channel Backbone and SoIP, Deni Connor, Network World, Dec. 25, 2000.
- IP storage cometh – Competing vendor camps move to define storage-over-IP net standards, Deni Connor and Jim Duffy, Network World, May 1, 2000.
- SCSI over TCP (iSCSI)
- Fibre Channel
- Fibre Channel and Ethernet: Different Approaches Meet Different Computing Needs, Brocade white paper, 2000 (local copy)
- Standards Evolving For Storage Area Networks, Jon William Toigo, 2000 (local copy)
- Storage over IP (SoIP)
- An Overview of SoIP — Storage over Internet Protocol, Nishan’s white paper, 2000. (local copy)
- Storage over Internet Protocol — SoIP, The Next Generation SAN, Nishan’s white paper, 2000. (local copy)
- Storage Basics – Fibre Channel, Part Two, Mike Harwood, EnterpriseStorageforum, February 18, 2003.
- Storage Basics – Fibre Channel, Enterprise Storage Forum Staff, EnterpriseStorageforum, June 28, 2002.
- Storage Basics – SCSI Part Two, Mike Harwood, EnterpriseStorageforum, January 22, 2003.
- Storage Basics – SCSI Part I, Drew Bird, EnterpriseStorageforum, March 27, 2002.
- Storage Standards: Up To Spec?, Elizabeth Clark, Networkmagazine, November 05, 2003.