Security Audit Systems
- Information we gather
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on any of our sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our sites and any services we offer via them. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect automatically. Any time you visit one of our sites we may collect certain technical information, including your IP address, your login and password, device information, browser type and version, operating system and platform information about your visit, including the full URL you visit, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and the methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information from other sources. This is information we may receive about you from other sources, which may include information from our other customers (for example, analytics gathered from site visitors). We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you.
- How we use the information we gather
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data
- to administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, security, statistical and survey purposes and to improve them to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, as well as to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 as well as selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 200 men aged 40 or under have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in EC1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Storage of your data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. You acknowledge that despite our best efforts, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do what we can to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.